Monday, August 4, 2014

Summer Never Felt So Good

 It’s summer! And all you want to do is soak up the sun and enjoy the great weather. It’s the best part of summer, but you have to remember to take care of yourself while you’re in the sun. Here are a few products you can use to take care of your hair and skin. Some of these products I have are samples from my Ipsy bag and my Birch box, I’ll explain what those are at the end!

Here’s something obvious that you should always use, I’m sure you know what I’m going to say… SUNSCREEN! You’re mom has been putting this on you since you were a baby, but your mom isn’t there to remind you everyday. If you think that getting burnt will result in an amazing tan, you’re kind of wrong. It might give you a tan after a few days but I don’t think the damage you did to your skin was worth it. If you’re going to be in the sun all day, be smart about it. You will still get tan if you use sunscreen!  Trust me, I use SPF 30 every time I go in the sun and I get so tan afterwards. Remember to get your ears and around your eyes too, most people forget areas like that and can get damaged as well. And remember to reapply throughout the day!

This product I got in my Birch box, it’s a super small sample but I actually really liked this product. It’s a CC cream and it has SPF 35 in it. This is a great product for the summer, especially since you don’t want to wear too much make up in the summer. CC cream is more of a lighter wear than BB cream is, and it’s for color correction, which will help with redness. I’m currently wearing and it honestly feels like I’m not even wearing it. You don’t have to use this exact one, but if you use foundation, BB or CC creams be mindful that is has some SPF in it. (That's that little white bottle, you can see it say CC Cream at the top)


Now I know I just said to use sunscreen, but if you’re look to get a tan you can use a tanning oil that has an SPF and will still be able to protect your skin while you get tan. I got this product in my Ipsy bag, and I have not tried it yet but it seems like a good product. It’s more of a natural product and is paraben free, which means it’s not filled with chemicals! And there’s no synthetic fragrance to it, so if you’re like me and have super sensitive skin then this is perfect.  
This sample of sunscreen is also an Ipsy product and I mainly like it because it's more of a natural product, shocking that I like that, right? It's a pretty heavy application so you really have to rub it in your skin, so I've mainly been using it for my face. But I actually like it a lot, and it doesn't have that generic sunscreen smell, it's more natural, kind of like oatmeal. 

I’ve been telling you that you have to protect your skin and wear sunscreen, but there’s something we’re forgetting… Hair! You’re hair can also get damaged in the sun, so you have to make sure you’re giving it as much love as you’re giving your skin. Here are three hair products I’ve been using to keep my hair nice and healthy. All these products are samples from my Ipsy and Birch box but I defiantly want to purchase at least two of these after I run out.
This is Eva Nye mane tamer and it’s a leave in cream. It contains argan oil and will moisturize your hair. I usually use this after I get out of the pool, I don’t really like getting my hair wet but sometimes I just want to get all the way in, so afterwards I moisturize it with this product so that it doesn’t get knotted or dry. I also use it when I get out of the shower when my hair is still wet, and then I just continue to style it as usual. This also smells incredible! This product is $8 online and honestly, I’ll probably be buying this after I run out. (This product is the pink bottle)

Here’s a baby sample that I just now started using, I got it a few months ago but I figured I’d wait to use it since these products tend to be more pricy. Argan oil is supposed to be really good for your hair so far it’s been leaving my hair nice and smooth. I alternate between this and the Eva Nya product, just to mix it up, since they both have argan oil in it I’m still getting pretty equal results
Here’s the one that you should be using when going in the sun, it says that it has UV protect and helps repair your damaged hair. It’s also paraben free! The least amount of chemicals you use the better. This is also a leave in conditioner and you use it after you shower and spray it on then comb through your hair. I like that this one is a spray so you can use it after getting out of the pool and keep on tanning : )
(That's the white bottle)

Here’s my favorite thing to use when I go to the pool, plus it makes you look super cute… sun hats! Hats really help protect your hair, head and face when you’re tanning. I like it because my head gets really hot when I’m relaxing in the pool or tanning, and I don’t like have to use my arms to cover my face, so I finally bought this adorable hat. I got mine at Target for like $15, but you can find them anywhere.


These were a few products you can use to protect yourself when going in the sun, and I hope you at least use some sunscreen next time you decide to go tanning! I plan on doing at least three more posts about summer, so if you have any other ideas of what you would like to see let me know on my twitter! Again, I hope you found this helpful, that’s really why I do this. I love telling you about products and showing you how-to’s. I’m excited to keep doing more!
Ipsy: This is a monthly subscription I do that gives me products every month, from hair care to make up, I get a lot of different items to try out. And it's only $10 a month. It's worth it only because some of the products you get a way more than $10, and you get to try products you never thought you would. You also get a new bag with the products every month, I've been buying these since last summer, and I like them!

Birch Box: I just got my first box this month, so I can't tell you too much. But it's the same idea as Ipsy, but some of the products tend to be more high end. And sometimes they can give you edible treats! (my boyfriend is really excited about that). This is also $10 a month, except it comes in a little box. These boxes will come in handy once the holidays come around!

No comments:

Post a Comment