Saturday, March 12, 2016

No Makeup Makeup Look


Hi everyone! For today’s post I’m going to show you how I do a “makeup no makeup look.” In case you’re wondering what that means it’s just a makeup look with minimal makeup that enhances your natural beauty. It’s a quick everyday look you can do if you don’t feel like doing too much. I like this look because it makes me look awake with being effortless. For some this may be ‘too much’ makeup, but you can modify this how you please and just use this as a template to create your own look. Okay let’s do this: 


First, you always want to prime your face, it helps create a smooth canvas in order for your foundation to apply on effortlessly. For that day I chose to prime my face with two primers, the first one is the new NYX First Base primer spray. 


I let that dry and then I applied the Maybelline Master Primer to blur and smooth. 


I use the Maybelline one to apply on my T-Zone ( forehead, nose, around cheeks) and if there was extra then I would just put it anywhere else on my face, like my little chinny chin chin. 


Now I can apply foundation. Depending on how you feel about your skin you can use a full coverage, medium or tinted moisturizer as your foundation. Since this is a more natural look I wanted to use my Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream (whew, say that five times fast). 


To apply this I used my Real Techniques Beauty Blender and just patted the product into my skin. This was the first time I used that beauty blender with this product and I really liked how it applied it. It gave me a smooth and natural finish. As you can see it’s not full coverage but it does even out my skin tone so that I look even all over. 


Now for concealer! This is my favorite part because you could just skip the foundation and just use concealer if you. Concealer is my life saver and it always makes me look more awake than I actually am. I’m using the Maybelline Better Skin Concealer. And to apply it I just made a triangle shape under my eyes and brought up towards my temples. Bringing it up towards the temples is like giving yourself a mini face lift, it brightens your face and makes you look awake. This does work better if your concealer is a lighter shade, fyi. Mine isn’t so it just mainly helps conceal. 


To blend it out I used a Sonia Kashuk foundation brush and just dabbed it out. Make sure you don’t swipe it because it won’t set the product into the skin correctly, and it’ll look streaky. You can see the difference from the left and right eye, concealer helps hide my little bags. After that I used my NYX Banana powder to set my under eyes that way there isn’t any creasing. To apply the powder I also dab/press it in. 


I won’t go into detail on how I do my brows because I think everyone has a certain way they do them. And it’s one of the most boring/frustrating parts of doing my makeup. Once I really master this I’ll do a post dedicated to them! But for now I’ll just leave you with this. Make sure you brush them out and when I fill them in I just slightly press the pencil in. I don’t like dramatic brows, I just like to fill in the parts that have no hair and give them a natural shape. I’m using the Anastasia Brow Wiz, btw. 


As you’re filling them in make sure you brush them out so that the product can blend in well and not look so harsh. And remember, your eyebrows are sisters not twins. They’ll never look identical but just try and make them look similar, but don’t get frustrated. I still struggle with them. 


Bronzer, woo! Since this is a natural look I don’t usually contour. For this I just like to kind of sculpt out where the hollows of my cheek bones out to give a bit of dimension. I don’t bring the bronzer all the way down, just where the top of check bone starts. 


You’ll see in the photo below that’s where I start and I bring the product down a little less than half way. And then I just blend it out. For this I used the NYX Matte Bronzer and with an angled brush from ELF. 


I tried to get a picture where you could see how this looks but the picture isn’t doing it justice. In person you can see my cheekbones stick out a bit more. 


Now I’m going to go in with my Milani Baked Bronzer so give some warmth to my face. I add this around my cheekies and around my forehead. I used another Sonia Kushak brush, it was a fluffy face brush. 


You can start seeing my face brighten up instead of looking so white. Also, try not pay attention to my hair, it was living it's own life. 


Then I added some of my NYX Ombre Blush, it was the orangey shade, I just wanted some more color on my cheeks. I used my Real Techniques blush brush to apply it. 


Now, you can skip this part if you wish, but I can’t not highlight my face. It’s a must in my book. I feel like it really gives you that last pop. I used my NYX Narcissist highlighter and applied it with my Morphe 501 brush. 


I personally like to add a lot because I just love highlighting, but add what you feel is a comfortable amount for you. This highlighter is pretty subtle and goes with this look well.


Last step! Just add some mascara to open your eyes up and you’re done. This sounds like a lot of steps but once you’re actually doing it it’s a quick look. You just have to get used to it. I used my Maybelline Great Lash Mascara, the one in the bright pink bottle with the bright green cap. It’s my go to mascara. 


This next step is totally optional but I’ve been getting used to using false lashes all the time. So I do add these no matter what the look is. I’m using my Ardell Demi Wispies, my favorites. I just think these give my look an extra pop of life, I look a lot more put together than I really am. 


We’re finally done! This is my favorite look to do when I go to school, especially when I have an early class and I look like I only slept for three hours. Or during the week if you’re going to run errands. I love this look. Again, this can be modified how you wish but this is the simplest way to have a full face but not feel like you’re wearing any makeup. Fyi, I did add more highlight, but I added some Becca Moonstone, As I mentioned before, I love highlighter and I wanted more! I didn’t add a lip color for this, you can if you want. I just put on chap stick and a little bit of lip gloss, do whatever your little heart desires. 


Thank you all for reading! I hope this was helpful for those of you who are still trying to get the hang of makeup. This is a good way to start and practice. Let me know what else you would want to see, and if you recreate this tag me on Instagram or Twitter! Thank you, again!

Instagram: @annahhmeow
Twitter: @annahhmeow
Pinterest: Style Always Fashion Forever


No comments:

Post a Comment