Saturday, March 5, 2016

Brush Cleaning Routine


Hello everyone! Here’s a quick post that you’ll hopefully find helpful. It might not be the most fun but it’s something we have to do... Clean your brushes! I’m just going to show you the products I use to clean my brushes, this isn’t the only way to do it but it’s one way I like to do it. Okay, here we go:


A while ago I bought the Micellar Water cleanser by Simple, it was supposed to remove my makeup. I personally did not like this product at all, it didn’t seem to take off my makeup as I hoped. Then one day when I told myself I had to clean my brushes I got the idea to use that instead. It worked so well. I just put some in a little cup, or little bowl, whatever floats your boat, and I swirled the brush in it. Don’t be gentle either, you want to make sure you get all that makeup off it. The only down side was that the brush soaked the Micellar Water up so fast, so I had to do it kind of quick. But in the end I got the cleanest brushes ever. 


For just a quick clean up I use this ELF brush cleaner. It’s just a spray and gets the job done in a flash. It’s only like $3 too. I just spray my brush a few times with it and grab a towel to clean the product off. Again, do not be gentle, you have to get a little bit aggressive in order to fully clean your brushes. I use this when I just want to clean them up a bit. If you’re going to deep clean make sure you use something like the Micellar Water or a DIY cleanser for your bushes. 


At the end of cleaning your brushes make sure they are either laying down or have the brush facing down, that way they can dry properly. I really just want to encourage you to clean your brushes at least once a month, and the occasional spot cleaning in between. If you don’t want breakouts or dirty skin then cleaning your brushes will for sure help that. Especially because you’re dipping your brush in your products. If your brush is dirty and you keep dipping it into the product then eventually all that bacteria could transfer into your precious product. And cleaning your brushes expands the live span of your brushes. 


Don’t let that brush near your face until it’s clean!


These are just a few of my favorite brushes at the moment, you’ve seen them before. The two black brushes are from ELF and then the pink one is from Real Techniques. Then I also got two more brushes from Morphe, the M501 and the M432 flat definer brush. I use the M501 for highlighting and it’s been giving me life. The M432 is great for the lower lash line, it’s very precise. 




I hope this was helpful and makes you want to clean your brushes. It’s a task that no one really likes doing but it has to get done. There are so many ways to clean your brushes, this is just one of the ways I do it. You could just mix some warm water and gentle soap as well, the point is, CLEAN your brushes. Please share your techniques with me and tag me on Instagram or Twitter. As I’ve mentioned before, I love trying out new products or techniques. Thank you!

Instagram: @annahhmeow
Twitter: @annahhmeow
Pinterest: Style Always Fashion Forever 

No comments:

Post a Comment