Friday, March 21, 2014

The Confidence Within


I was so excited to finally share my tips with you guys, but then I thought to myself, “I can’t give you tips on how to dress yourself if you don’t feel confident in them.” I know it may sound like something you can figure out on your own but it takes time to really love your body and to feel good in your outfits. What do I do to feel confident? It may sound odd but I do a lot of self talk, which is just positive reinforcement to myself. Whenever I have off days and feel like nothing is going my way I just take a deep breath and tell myself to calm down. I try to think on the positive side and remember that I have a lot more good in my life than I do bad. If I put on an outfit and feel like I look weird even though I thought the outfit looked really good on the hanger, I just walk around the house in it and own it. I’m probably thinking about it too much, because if I tell myself that I do look good then that confidence will shine though. Trust yourself, there is no way that you will let yourself walk out the house in a “bad” outfit, you know when you look off. 
Loving yourself and feeling confident isn’t something that you just wake up with, it takes time to accept yourself and be happy with who you are. I still struggle with that, but it’s normal. I’m still young and have to learn more about myself. If you surround yourself around positivity then it’s easier for you to be happy and confident. Write yourself some sticky notes with things like: Smile!, It’s a new day, You’re beautiful, Be happy!... ect. When you wake up and see those notes around you as you’re getting ready it sets the mood for the rest of the day. 
I hope this helps some of you to be able to accept yourself for who you are. I believe that truly loving yourself is what makes someone beautiful. It’s okay if it takes you time to accept yourself, and hopefully reading this gave you inspiration to start believing in yourself. Clothing is an object, but confidence is within you and once you feel confident then the clothing will just enhance what is already there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment