Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Three's Company

 I love shopping and buying unique pieces that most people wouldn't wear. But I am a college student who works part time, so I can’t really buy all those pieces that I really want. Whenever I do I end up having a hard time wearing it because it’s not an “everyday outfit.” Instead of buying pieces that you can’t really wear all the time, buy more pieces that have neutral colors that can be worn at least three times. You can wear that piece more than once buy accessorizing with jewelry, different cardigans, scarfs, belts and shoes. In my pictures you’ll see three different examples, I tried to do a spring, summer and fall/winter look.


For all these examples my main piece was this cute keyhole black dress. I love this dress because it’s so simple and as you can see I can wear it a lot of different ways. (You can also just wear a belt with high heels and a statement necklace for a going out look.)

This is my spring or summer night look. I love this shawl/cardigan because it’s very light and it flows so nicely. I added my heart necklace and tan little belt to add a bit more detail as well. I kept my shoes simple so that I can emphasize the shawl/cardigan. 
For my summer look I used my denim vest that I’m obsessed with. I can wear that vest with so many outfits it’s ridiculous. I always feel badass when I wear this vest so I also paired it with this statement necklace that I adore. I kept this outfit pretty simple because since it’s a summer look you don’t want to wear so much accessories that you just want to melt. I personally think that the necklace is what gives the outfit a bit of an edge and it makes you look put together even though you’re not wearing much. Which is something you want to keep in mind for summer.
Even though it’s spring I wanted to show a fall/winter look just so you keep it in mind. Fall is my favorite season to dress for because I love wearing scarfs and cardigans, they’re my favorites! For this look I just put on a maroon cardigan with a knitted scarf. I also added a braided belt and ballet flats. I used the belt two ways just to show versatility with belts. I would also wear this outfit with tights and rider boots, or shorter boots like the ones I wore in my first previous posts.
I hope these examples give you inspiration to put together looks that you can afford. I know how hard it is to resist shopping sometimes, but if you buy enough basic pieces to mix and match different times then it’ll be hard to get bored of your wardrobe! Statement necklaces are really fun to play with in spring and summer time and scarfs give you warmth and an effortless look for fall and winter. Have fun with accessories because sometimes those are what make an outfit look amazing. Mix and match with your cardigans, they work well with so many pieces. Hopefully these tips are helpful to get you started on an affordable but super cute wardrobe, feel free to send me your inspiration outfits at my twitter, I would love to see how you guys are putting together your outfits. Thank you for reading and good luck!

Twitter : @annahhmeow 


No comments:

Post a Comment