Thursday, February 4, 2016

Everyday Eye Look - Feat. Urban Decay Naked 1 & 2


Hi everyone! I’m excited to show you guys how I do my simple everyday look. Well, to me this is simple and pretty low maintenance. I’ll show you which products I use and do my best to explain how to apply them. This post is dedicated to the eyes, I don't show you what goes on the rest of my face but I'll write it down at the bottom. Okay, here we go:


So hopefully you already applied your moisturizer and what not, it’s always important to start with a clean and fresh face. I usually don’t use an actual eye shadow primer, I would just use my concealer and set it, but I got this eye shadow primer in my Ipsy bag from Elizabeth Mott and so far I love it. You don’t need to use an actual eye shadow primer, but I do recommend priming your eyes in some way so that the colors pop and last longer throughout the day. I just take a baby amount and rub (gently) on my lids, then wait for it to set in for a bit. Once it’s ready you can start applying eye shadow. 



I first take the color Buck in the Naked palette and combine it with a little bit of Naked from the Naked palette as well. Then I use my Luxie blending brush (I got this in my Ipsy bag as well, I freaking love this brush) and in windshield wiper motions I apply it around my crease and a little tiny bit above. I wouldn’t say this is a transition color but I like having my shadow fade out and by doing this it will give it that effect. I tried to show you where I place the shadow, it’s kind of an awkward photo but hopefully that gives you the idea. 




This is what it looks like when you place Buck and Naked in the crease.


Next I used Teased from the Naked 2 palette and use that all over my lid. I used the Crown brush that was also from my Ipsy bag, and I just lay it all over the lid. No particular technique to this part, I just want the color on my lid underneath where I put the previous colors. After that I take my Luxie brush again and blend Tease in the my crease color. Blending is the key to a good makeup look. If you take your time with blending out the colors then you'll end up with a flawless look. So remember, BLEND.




This is what it looks like after I blend my crease and lid colors.

**At this point I quickly added concealer to my under eyes. I didn’t do a full face I just did concealer, light contour, blush and highlight. Okay, that might be a full face but I didn’t use foundation because for this look I’m usually lazy and want to keep it simple. 

   

Okay, after that I took my Eco tools brush, the one in the middle, and went back with some Buck and placed that under my eye by the lash line. I made sure to blend that out and then went back with Naked and blended that in as well.  You can see the brown color in this photo above. (Also, I used the Eco tools highlight brush and used Foxy from the Naked 2 palette and placed it under my brow, for some highlight.)
Side note: my hair was really playing me that day, it just wanted to hang out everywhere. I just let it live its life and went on with my business. 



Then I took that smudge brush from Eco tools and went in with Blackout in the Naked 2 palette, so sorry I did not picture it but it’s just a plain black. All I did was use it as eyeliner on my top lash line and just slightly smoked it out; I did this by gently blending out the color. You always want to go in with a light hand if you’re using black because it can ugly real quick. So don’t grab too much on the brush and tap some off if you want, it’s better to go in with less and work it up than to start off with a black eye. You can see a closer look in the photo below of how it turned out.  



The look is done! All I did was apply mascara and a nudeish lip and that’s my go to look.  




Here’s the final look after I applied bronzer, blush and highlight. 

I hope this was helpful and easy to understand. I know that the Naked palettes are a pricier product, but you don’t have to use this palette to get this look. I’m just limited at the moment and these are the eye shadows I have to work with. I will be doing another look with these palettes, I want to do a series to see how many looks you can come up with just with these palettes. Just FYI. Anyways, thank you so much for reading, I hope you found this helpful and if you re create this look tag me on social media so I can see! 

Thanks again, everyone!
Instagram: @annahmeow
Twitter: @annahhmeow
Pinterest: Style Always Fashion Forever

On the rest of my face:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Dark Brown
Maybelline Fit Me concealer
NYX setting powder in Banana
NYX Matte Bronzer
Milani Baked Bronzer in Glow
Becca Cosmetics Highlighter in Moonstone

No comments:

Post a Comment