Thursday, February 11, 2016

Golden Valentine's Day Look

Hi, everyone! Here’s a quick how-to Valentine’s Day look. I honestly just did this on the spot, all I knew was that I wanted to use Blaze from Colourpop Cosmetics (one of the shadows in Kathleen Lights’ quad) and a new shadow I just bought from NYX called Coquette. I’m not going to go too deep into the exact products I used because I’ll be talking about them more in depth next week in my beauty haul, but I really wanted to do a fun Valentine’s day look. I’ll still name the products but I’ll have pictures of them next week, I hope that’s not weird, is it? Maybe? Sorry, if it is, but don’t worry this eye look is super easy to catch on to, lets go!

First I took a blending brush, the one from eco tools that I showed in my previous post, and put Coquette in my crease and blended it upwards. I started off lightly because I wasn’t sure how dark it would blend out but you can use a heavy hand and not worry about having a black eye. This shadow is kind of light but it makes this eye look fade out really nicely. You can kind of see it in the photo above, as I mentioned it seems light but no worries, we go back in with it later. 

Then I went into this new little Morphe palette I just got called the 12NB and took the maroon-ish looking color. I took my new Morphe brush, M139, it’s a blending brush but more tapered to get a more precise look and I put that maroon shade right in my crease underneath Coquette. I took my time blending this out, I’ll keep mentioning this, blending is major key! Careful with this color because it’s very pigmented, so I went it little by little and slowly blended it out. Don’t worry if you cover a lot of your lid because the next color going on will cover it up. You can see in the photo above how it ended up looking after carefully blending. I went back in with Coquette to darken it up a little bit and to blend the maroon shade with it. 

Now the star of the show! I just use my finger, Colourpop shadows look better when you use your finger, that’s just my opinion. I took that color and just put in on my lid under the maroon color. Be careful here so that you don’t cover the crease colors. This color alone is amazing, but I like to make it pop more by adding some shadow on top as well. I first went in with Half Baked in the Naked 2 palette but that was too yellow and it didn’t enhance Blaze. So I went in with YDK in that same palette and still wasn’t convinced. I then took Blaze again and tapped it in the middle of my lid, that’s what you’ll see below. Above you'll see what it looks like without any added shadow. 
Then for my bottom lash line I just took Coquette and that Maroon color in the 12NB palette and blended them out. I also took some black shadow and added that on my top lash line just to define that area a bit. And to top it off I added a pair of Ardell lashes, I can’t remember which ones they were but they were the more Glamour ones. You don’t have to use lashes I just chose to so that this would look more dramatic. 

Here’s a quick look at my 12NB palette, I got it because the Morphe 35O palette is always sold out and this is like a mini version of it. That corner color that looks like a dark maroon is the one I used in this look. As you can tell I’m very excited about this palette. I’ll review and swatch the colors in my next post and give you guys pricing reviews and all that good stuff.


And this is the final look! On my lips I used the NYX soft matte lip cream in Prague and Abu Dhabi. Prague on its own was too pink for this look so I tried to lighten it up with Abu Dhabi on top and make it sort of an ombre effect. I actually really liked how the colors turned out. And I’m super obsessed with this eye look, it’s not your typical Valentine’s Day look but it is fun and makes your eyes pop! I love when Valentine’s Day looks don’t have pink in them; it’s okay to switch it up. Do you, just do you.



I hope this was helpful and gave you inspiration to either re-create or do your own Valentine's Day look. If you do re-create this or add your own twist tag me on Instagram or Twitter! Thank you!




















Instagram: @annahhmeow
Twitter: @annahhmeow
Pinterest: Style Always Fashion Forever 

No comments:

Post a Comment