Friday, February 19, 2016

Ulta and Morphe Haul


Hi, everyone! Super excited to show you a few things I picked up at Ulta a couple of weeks ago. This won’t completely be a review only because I haven’t fully tested some of the products out yet, but I thought it’d be fun to show you my first impressions. I did forget to picture two items which were the single eye shadows from NYX, but I did wear them in my photos shown and I love them. They’re under $5 each and Ulta always some sort of coupon going on so take advantage of those! Okay let’s get into this:



I ordered a few things from Morphe because it was just time to. I always see Youtubers and people on Instagram raving about this brand and I thought it was time for me to test them out! Morphe is a brand that sells makeup and brushes, I feel like they’re mainly known for their brushes but they’re starting to really focus on their eye shadow palettes and single shadows. The best part is they’re super inexpensive, and they lowered their shipping, which was one of the main reasons I never wanted to order because the brush for example would be $5 but the shipping would be $10, eh no thanks. Thankfully shipping for me this time was $5.94. So I bought two brushes and one of their smaller eye shadow palettes. 


The brushes I got were the M139 tapered crease blender ($2.99) and the M310 large soft fan brush ($4.99). I freaking love them! The blending brush really helps give a more intense look and it just blends really nicely. I use it literally right in the crease and I typically use it when I’m blended out a darker color, well that’s what I’ve been doing so far. It’s really soft too. So is the fan brush, I love this for highlighting. It’s harder and feels denser so it can really pack on the highlight. I didn’t think I would like this brush and was nervous about it, but I saw so many Youtubers say that this brush was perfect for highlighting and I was in need of a highlighting brush.


My over all first impressions of these are that I love them and will for sure purchase more brushes from them. I’m lucky enough to have a boyfriend who knows how much I love makeup and everything beauty and as a Valentine ’s Day gift he ordered me two more brushes, he’s the best! If you want to order from them I would suggest watching Jaclyn Hill’s favorite Morphe brushes video, she goes into detail on all her must have brushes and it’s a great video to watch if you’re newer to makeup and want to build your brush collection. So that’s how I feel about the brushes now onto the palette.


  

In my previous post I showed you this palette and I used one of the colors in it, which was the maroon-ish color. I really like the look of this palette, it’s very fall like. I did a swatch of all the colors expect the first one because it didn’t show up on my arm as well, but it works well as a highlight for your brow. 

   

The first photo of swatches are the first 7 colors, it goes in order from the first row and then the second row. The next swatches are the last four colors. Unfortunately they don’t have names. These are pretty good shadows, they’re not amazing but for the price I like them. The one above the maroon-ish color is so far my favorite; I also used it in my look for today. I love that this is super easy to travel with; I could use this palette alone and be fine. Some of the matte colors do have a lot of fall out but that only means they have more pigment, well that’s my experience with it. And I was prepared for that because that’s what I’ve seen some Youtubers say. This palette was $14.99 which isn’t too bad for 12 colors and it’s called the 12NB Natural Beauty Palette. 

This is pretty much a mini version of the 35O palette that I’ve been dying to get my hands on but whenever it comes back in stock I’m always broke! Why me!? Anyways, they have a lot of other palettes like this size and then the bigger ones like the 35O which are $22.99 I believe. So many Youtubers have discount codes too, so if you’re comfortable with that use them and save some more monaayye!



I’ve been wanting to try these Real Technique brushes forever! So I picked up two of them, the blush brush (pink one, $9) and the expert face brush (orange one, $9). I really love these brushes, the blush one is my favorite so far, it’s so soft and applies my blush really nicely. I like the dome/tapered shape of the brush, it helps blend out the product. And since the bristles are synthetic it distributes the product evenly without wasting it. The expert face brush is one I use for contouring, it says on the Real Techniques website that it’s meant for blending out foundation but I like it for contouring. It’s small enough for the hallows of my cheeks and gives a more natural contour. These brushes are amazing and I definitely am going to buy more, I highly recommend them. And the prices are super reasonable, especially for how amazing quality they are.  


I have been so obsessed with NYX lately, they have been coming out with some amazing products. As you can see I got another Liquid Suede in the shade Tea and Cookies, such a cute name! I am wearing that color in my pictures for today as well. It’s such a fun pink color for the spring and summer, very girly. Which I usually don’t go for but I saw it swatched on social media and I had to try it. I still want more too! I’m so obsessed with them, I have like four of them. I also got the new primer spray, I’m not super sure how I feel about it yet. I’ve only used it a few times and I don’t have anything negative, except for when I spray it it goes everywhere, like it gets down to my chest, I don’t know how because I only spray on my face. Who knows? It makes my skin feel a little tight and dry but once I put foundation on it’s fine. I have to keep testing it out. 


Okay, now this blush. When I saw these on snap chat I had to have them. The one I originally wanted was out of stock, of course, it was like a mauve plumy kind of color. But I was totally okay with my second choice. The one I got is called ‘Feel the Heat’ and it’s such a fun summer color. The lighter color has the shimmer and the orange is matte, you can mix them or use them individually, but I’ve been using both with my new blush brush. Again, I’m wearing that in my photos. I’m so obsessed with this, NYX is really stepping it up. I want like three more colors! And they’re only $10. I’m telling you, drugstore is stepping up their game, I just wish they wouldn’t step up the prices. But these are still super affordable, for sure recommend this product, it was my favorite product I purchased.  

When I went to Ulta I was in search of a new concealer. I knew I wanted to try these two for sure. I’ve heard a lot of amazing things about them. I really like the better skin one, it gives a dewy kind of look. Except you have to blend it out kind of fast because it seems to dry out, but maybe that’s just me because when I do blend it it blends amazing. It just looks like it’s drying out. Other than that I really like it, make sure you blend out right under your eyes really well with your finger so that when you set it there’s no creasing. The age defining one isn’t my favorite yet… This one really creased on me when I used it, I’ve only used it twice but that just made me not want to deal with it. I’ll give it another shot but that was my first impression of it. That’s all I’ll say for it now.


Thanks again for reading, sorry if this was a bit long but I couldn’t stop writing, can’t stop won’t stop. I hope you guys liked these products and test some of them out for yourself; again, I tried to keep things at low prices so that you would also be able to purchase them. That’s my main goal! Let me know what you think and tag me if you want with #stylealwaysfashionforever 
Thank you again!

Instagram: @annahhmeow
Twitter: @annahhmeow
Pinterest: Style Always Fashion Forever


No comments:

Post a Comment